The Art and Craft of Remote Teaching
Thursdays 2:00 - 3:00PM or Fridays 10:00 - 11:00AM
Sessions are identical. Two sessions are offered to allow you flexibility on when you would like to attend.
The Art and Craft of Remote Teaching will empower faculty to utilize pedagogical ideas to enhance student/teacher connection, plan simple approaches to course design, and direct faculty to the related tools in the LMS for building instruction, assessment, and relationship within the course. A variety of topics will be covered, including, welcoming your students, creating instructor presence and student engagement, storytelling: building your course, and authentic assessments.
- Webinar Topics Are:
- Week 1: Mapping Your Course Welcome, May 7 & 8
- Week 2: Instructor Presence, May 14 & 15
- Week 3: Storytelling; Building Your Course, May 21 & 22
- Week 4: Authentic Assessments, May 28 & 29
- Week 5: Final Review and Evaluation, June 4 & 5
Tuesdays and Fridays, 1:00pm
Consultants are available during Drop-in Sessions to address your specific questions as you move through the course development process. We will demo Canvas for the first 30 minutes. Open discussion will follow.
- Drop-in Demo topics are:
- Week 3: Constructing Your Course Welcome and Presence, May 19 & 22
- Week 4: Building Your Course Structure, May 26 & 29
- Week 5: Creating Assignments and Assessments, June 2 & 5
- The How to of the Canvas Gradebook, June 9 - 12
Lecture Video Production (June 4)
- Tips for Video Lecture Production (downloadable PDF)
Authentic Assessments (May 29)
Building your Course (May 21)
Instructor Presence (May 15)
Mapping Your Course Welcome (May 8)
Summer Orientation (April 30)