Put Your Exam in iLearn
Once you are logged into your course in iLearn,
Click "Assignments" (or you can create a new Content Area called “Final Exam” by click the "+" in the top left corner).
- Click "Assessments" and choose "Tests" from the dropdown menu.
- Choose "Create." This will take you to "Test Information" where you will give your test a title along with a description and instructions (optional).
- Click the "Submit" button on the bottom right of your screen. You are now in the "Test Canvas" where you will start creating your test questions.
- Click "Create Questions" and choose the question type from the dropdown menu.
- Click "Reuse Questions" to choose from the questions you've posted in any other assignment in this course
- When you have finished creating/importing your questions, you can edit the point totals for individual questions using the box to the right of the question, or you can "select all" or "select from category" to edit point totals in bulk.
- When you are ready to finalize the exam, click "OK" in the bottom right corner. Now you have created the test.
- To deploy (or publish for students) it, click on the title of the test you just created (in should appear in the "Add Test" box) and click the "Submit" button in the bottom right corner.
- This will bring up the "Test Options" page where you can control the instructions, availability, due dates, feedback, self-assessment and presentation of the test.
- You must click “Yes” under Test Availability to "Make available to students" (here you can choose to send out an announcement when the test becomes available to students). Watch UCR Prof. Annie Ditta walk you through it.
- The "Force Completion" option will automatically submit the exam if the student loses their connection, so this is NOT recommended.
- You can set a Timer (how long students have to take the test once they have started it).
- Display allows you to decide when and how long the test link will be available to students.
- Test Exceptions allows you tp set different dates and times for students who need accommodations.
- In "Show Test Results and Feedback to Students" we recommend you choose "After attempts are graded" before correct answer are released to students (in case students need multiple attempts due to technological issues).
- Test Presentation we recommend you choose “All at Once” and “Randomize Questions”
- Click "Submit" in the bottom right corner and your exam is published.
- If you need to edit your exam or exam settings, click the dropdown arrow to the right of the exam title for edit options.